Open to over 16s, this peer-facilitator led course aims to give some basic skills and awareness around suicide to help save lives. It covers the national requirements in suicide skills.
The 4h delivery for bespoke closed courses ensures time for organisational action planning and social debriefing space.
- The ability to recognise a person at risk of suicide.
- The ability to ask about suicide including the ability to display listening and questioning skills.
- An awareness of the impact of attitudes on suicide.
- Explore working with the person at risk of suicide and others to keep the person safe.
- Promote problem-solving and use of self-help techniques with a person at risk of suicide
Note: is not designed as an alternative to courses such as Living Work’s ASIST but complementary.
Max 20 participants per activity.
Moray based individuals and organisations. The course can be adapted to other areas for an additional cost to ensure it is linked to the local suicide prevention strategy and partners.
Participant’s lived experience and professional experiences are held and welcomed equally as part of the group.
Costs are for online or Moray based delivery. Out of Moray in-person available quotes on request.
£55pp: Individual spaces available on regular mixed courses
£360: bespoke closed course.
- max 20 participants per activity
- Report with feedback is included in course costs.
Discounts for existing partners and Moray based organisations / individuals.
Online prices. In-person costs available on request.